PRP hair restoration is a non-surgical therapy that stimulates hair follicles into growth. For men and women who are troubled by thinning hair, receding hairlines or excessive shedding, PRP offers a natural solution to hair loss that requires little more than a vial of your own blood. PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma, derived from a patient’s own blood through centrifuging. The PRP causes growth of the hair follicles by stimulating the stem cells and other cells in the microenvironment of inactive hair follicles. The treatment has minimal discomfort, due to the topical numbing cream used prior to treatment. Using a small gauge needle, the PRP is inserted into the scalp where growth factors immediately go to work. New hair growth may be noticed in as little as two months, but the average is 3 to 6 months. For optimal results, we recommend a series of 5 treatments spaced a month apart, followed by maintenance treatments about every 6 months or so, depending on results desired.
- Because PRP is composed of your own blood cells, there is no chance for an allergic reaction or for rejection by your immune system
- Hair regrowth takes place at a natural pace over 3 to 4 months, for a more subtle improvement in appearance
- Beneficial for both men and women
- Procedure takes less than an hour as an in-office procedure
- Use of small gauge needles and local anesthetic eliminates pain
- No downtime; normal activities may be resume immediately
Our kits are able to get the highest concentration of platelets (94%), which translates to a powerful growth factor “cocktail” with a variety of growth factors and cytokines. This stimulates cellular proliferation and tissue regeneration. Because the platelets contain vital growth hormones, PRP injections are naturally a good fit for stimulating lost hair follicles. The platelets are injected through the region that is thinning/balding which supplies the nutrients it requires to continue growing a thicker, fuller and healthier hair strand.
1. We use the most advanced technology to be able to get the highest concentration ofplatelets per treatment, 94% actually, that allows for faster results
2. We use both injection and microneedling techniques to penetrate the most amount of growth factors and platelets into the scalp, which has proven to yield the best results.
3. Minimal discomfort, our customized topical numbing cream consists of betacaine, tetracaine and lidocaine, which means you won’t feel much during the treatment.
Hair loss occurs for many reasons. Genetics, stress, medications, even vitamin deficiencies can cause hair loss or thinning. Anyone who is noticing a receding hairline, a widening part, or excessive shedding is a good candidate for PRP hair restoration. (At this time, however, it is not a good option for people who are completely bald.) The therapy is most effective during the early stages of hair loss, when you start noticing less volume in your hair and more volume on your brush.
A few lab tests will be required prior to your first treatment. The purpose is to detect common hormonal causes of pattern baldness in both men and women allowing for the customization of hair restorative treatments. This simple blood test can help determine androgen levels including testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT), Thyroid, adrenal hormones and other important bio-markers that can hair growth and treatment outcomes. These results will also allow us to customize a bio-peptide topical cream that will be used in between treatments to give patients the best possible outcome.
The first treatment cost is $800 and includes pre-treatment bloodwork and evaluation of labs, customized bio-peptide cream to take home and PRP Injections with Microneedling. Follow up treatments cost $650 per treatment. You also have the option to prepay for 4 follow up treatments at the cost of $2100 (a savings of $550)
Patients with history of heavy smoking, drug and alcohol use. Medical diagnosis such as platelet dysfunction syndromes, thrombocytopenia, hemodynamic instability, sepsis, acute and chronic Infections, chronic liver disease, anti-coagulation therapy, chronic skin diseases or cancer, metabolic and systemic disorders. Also, if the hair follicles are entirely lost, the treatment will not work. Patients who have lost their hair follicles require hair transplant surgery.
After the initial treatment, 4 follow up treatments are recommended, scheduled 1 month apart.
After 3-4 treatments have been completed at monthly intervals you will begin to see new hair growth. PRP Stimulates hair growth but the results take time. You should not expect visible results before you have completed this treatment cycle. Thereafter the hair growth will continue. Maintenance treatments are highly recommended 1-2 times per year depending on your response.
1. Androgenic Alopecia- More than 95% of hair-loss in men is due to this condition. Women can also be affected by this common type of hair loss.
2. Thyroid Imbalances- Thyroid hormones when unbalanced can affect hair loss.
3. Poor Nutrition- Usually complete baldness is not seen in people with nutritional deficiencies, thinning of the hair is more common. Studies show that limited food intake and deficiencies in certain nutrients can cause thinning. These include deficiencies of biotin, amino-acids (protein), zinc, and iron. Consuming a diet high in animal fat, such in fast food, can also have a negative effect on hair loss.
4. Stress-Stress has been shown to restrict the blood supply to capillaries which prevents oxygen and nutrients from reaching the hair follicle which can prevent hair growth. This effect is similar to having poor circulation.
5. Medications-Some medications can cause hair loss, especially medications which affect hormone levels. These medications include contraceptive pills, some forms of hormone replacement therapy, anabolic steroids, and acne medication. Other medications which can have an effect on hair loss include those for blood pressure problems, diabetes, heart disease, and cholesterol.
Thyroid, testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and adrenal hormones will be analyzed along with other important bio-markers. Compounded thyroid restoration is available for patients diagnosed with hypo or hyper thyroid. We also offer bio-identical hormone restoration for aging men and women who have a deficiency or imbalance of sex, adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary hormones. We want you to get the best results and discovering and fixing the root cause of why you have hair loss in the first place is always going to be an important step in helping our patients reach optimal results.