Years of acne breakout can leave you with scarred and pitted skin, which can negatively affect your confidence and self-esteem. If your facial skin is damaged by acne scars, you can rely on our cosmetic experts to address your concerns. LivingYoung Center is led by a talented team of dermatologists and cosmetic providers who use uniquely customized techniques to help you achieve smooth, even, scar-free skin.
Achieve scar-free skin
Acne Scars: Causes
Acne breakouts can occur at any stage of life, but they’re most common during adolescence. Acne breakouts lead to inflammation and damage your skin tissues, leaving you with visible acne scars and discoloration. When you’re young, your body produces enough collagen to smoothen the acne scars within a few months. But as you grow older, your body’s ability to produce collagen is reduced, leading to persistent acne scars.
Types of Acne Scars
- Hyperpigmentation: Acne-related inflammation makes the skin on specific parts of your face look reddened, darkened, or discolored.
- Keloids: When your body produces more cells than necessary to heal the acne scars, you are left with an uneven, bumpy texture on your skin.
- Icepick Scars: Cystic acne leads to the formation of deep acne scars that look like tiny punctures on the skin — impossible to conceal with makeup.
- Rolling Scars: Long-term acne breakouts can give your skin a rough, uneven, and wavy texture because of constant damage.
- Boxcar Scars: Some types of acne can lead to shallow scars with defined edges that pull your skin downwards, leading to a visible depression on the skin.
Acne Scars: Treatment Options
Dermal fillers are cosmetic injectables made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring gel that retains up to 1,000 times its own weight in water. We carefully inject hyaluronic acid fillers into the regions with acne scars to enhance your volume, making your skin look smooth and even.
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a unique treatment that encourages collagen production. We use a specialized device to make micro-channels on the skin’s surface, catalyzing the body’s collagen production capabilities to smooth away the acne scars.
HydraFacial is a unique, cutting-edge technique that involves exfoliating your skin to remove the oil residue and debris, followed by the infusion of specific vitamins, nutrients, minerals, hyaluronic acid, and peptides. This treatment minimizes the risk of future acne breakouts.
Chemical peels exfoliate the uppermost layers of the skin while infusing it with unique formulations that address the root cause of your acne breakouts. As such, chemical peels remove the damaged skin layers, revealing smoother, more even-textured skin underneath.
LivingYoung Center is a beautiful, luxurious wellness center and anti-aging med spa in St Pete with locations in Seminole, Palm Harbor, and St. Petersburg. Our cosmetic providers carefully examine your facial skin, discuss your goals, and curate personalized treatment plans for the root cause of your acne scars. Please schedule an appointment at your nearest medical spa to explore your acne scar treatment options.