Lush and dense hair represents good health and beauty. However, most people gradually suffer from hair loss and thinning hair because of androgenic alopecia, thyroid imbalances, medications, stress, dietary deficiencies, and other problems. The loss of hair can be incredibly frustrating, leading to a loss of self-esteem and confidence. At LivingYoung Center, we use cutting-edge techniques to perform PRP hair restoration while ensuring the highest concentration of platelets, helping you achieve a dense and luscious head of hair.
Encourage natural hair regrowth
- Faster Results: We use the most advanced technology to get the highest concentration of platelets per treatment (94%), thus ensuring faster results.
- Better Results: We use both injection and microneedling techniques to penetrate the highest amount of growth factors and platelets into the scalp, thus ensuring the best results.
- Minimal Discomfort: Our customized topical numbing cream consists of betacaine, tetracaine, and lidocaine, which means you won’t feel much during the treatment.
PRP Hair Restoration Treats:
- Male pattern baldness
- Female pattern baldness
- Thinning hair
- Balding hair
- Receding hairline
- Bald patches on the scalp
PRP Hair Restoration: Benefits
- No chance for an allergic reaction or for rejection by your immune system
- Composed of your own blood cells — autologous treatment
- Hair regrowth takes place at a natural pace over 3 to 4 months
- Beneficial for both men and women
- Procedure takes less than an hour as an in-office procedure
- Use of small gauge needles and local anesthetic eliminates pain
- No downtime; normal activities may be resumed immediately
Common Causes of Hair Loss:
- Androgenic Alopecia: More than 95% of hair loss in men is due to this condition. Women can also be affected by this common type of hair loss.
- Thyroid Imbalances: Thyroid hormones, when unbalanced, can cause hair loss.
- Poor Nutrition: Usually, complete baldness is not seen in people with nutritional deficiencies; thinning of the hair is more common. Studies show that limited food intake and deficiencies in certain nutrients can cause thinning. These include deficiencies of biotin, amino acids (protein), zinc, and iron. Consuming a diet high in animal fat, such as fast food, can also cause hair loss.
- Stress: Stress has been shown to restrict the blood supply to capillaries, which prevents oxygen and nutrients from reaching the hair follicle, preventing hair growth. This effect is similar to having poor circulation.
- Medications: Some medications can cause hair loss, especially medications that affect hormone levels. These medications include contraceptive pills, some forms of hormone replacement therapy, anabolic steroids, and acne medication. Other medications that can cause hair loss include those for blood pressure problems, diabetes, heart disease, and cholesterol.
PRP Hair Restoration: Candidacy
Hair loss occurs for many reasons. Genetics, stress, medications, and vitamin deficiencies can cause hair loss or thinning. Anyone noticing a receding hairline, a widening part, or excessive shedding is a good candidate for PRP hair restoration. The therapy is most effective during the early stages of hair loss when you notice less volume in your hair and more volume on your brush. It’s not a good option for completely bald people.
Patients with a history of heavy smoking and drug and alcohol use aren’t good candidates for PRP hair restoration. Furthermore, you might not qualify for the treatment if you’re diagnosed with platelet dysfunction syndromes, thrombocytopenia, hemodynamic instability, sepsis, acute and chronic Infections, chronic liver disease, anticoagulation therapy, chronic skin diseases or cancer, and metabolic and systemic disorders. Also, if the hair follicles are entirely lost, the treatment will not work. Patients who have lost their hair follicles require hair transplant surgery.
PRP Hair Restoration: Diagnosis/ Preparation
A few lab tests will be required before your first treatment. The purpose is to detect common hormonal causes of pattern baldness in both men and women, allowing for the customization of hair restorative treatments. This simple blood test can help determine your androgen levels, including testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT), Thyroid, adrenal hormones, and other important biomarkers that can affect hair growth and treatment outcomes. These results will also allow us to customize a bio-peptide topical cream that will be used in between treatments to give patients the best possible outcome.
Thyroid, testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), and adrenal hormones will be analyzed and other important biomarkers. Compounded thyroid restoration is available for patients diagnosed with hypo or hyperthyroid. We also offer bio-identical hormone restoration for aging men and women who have a deficiency or imbalance of sex, adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary hormones. We want you to get the best results and fix the root cause of hair loss, which will allow us to ensure optimal results with PRP hair restoration.
PRP Hair Restoration: Treatment Overview
Our cosmetic providers will curate personalized treatment plans for your PRP hair restoration according to the results of your diagnostic tests. During the first session, the cosmetic provider will draw a small sample of your blood from your arm via a syringe, similar to a diagnostic blood draw. Your blood is purified in a centrifuge to isolate the platelet-rich plasmas, which are then injected into strategic locations within your scalp, i.e., the regions with hair loss. After the initial treatment, 4 follow-up treatments are recommended, each scheduled one month apart.
PRP Hair Restoration: Results & Maintenance
After 3-4 treatments have been completed at monthly intervals, you will begin to see new hair growth. PRP stimulates hair growth, but the results take time. You should not expect visible results before you have completed this treatment cycle. New hair growth may be noticed in as little as two months, but the average is 3 to 6 months. For optimal results, we recommend a series of 5 treatments spaced a month apart, followed by maintenance treatments about every 6 months or so, depending on the results desired.
PRP Hair Restoration: Cost
The first PRP hair restoration treatment cost is $800, including pre-treatment blood-work and evaluation of labs, customized bio-peptide cream to take home, and PRP Injections with microneedling. Follow-up treatments cost $650 per treatment. You also have the option to prepay for 4 follow-up treatments at the cost of $2100, which allows you to save $550.
LivingYoung Center is a luxurious medical spa and wellness center specializing in non-surgical, cutting-edge anti-aging treatments. We perform PRP hair restoration to encourage natural hair regrowth using components derived from your own body. Our cosmetic providers also perform comprehensive diagnostic tests and evaluations to understand and treat the root cause of your hair loss, thus ensuring long-lasting results. Please schedule an appointment to explore your PRP hair restoration options in Seminole, Palm Harbor, or St. Petersburg.